Meet the Milo
The Milo headphone amplifier was designed to bring the same famous and award winning sound to a headphone amplifier package that had a smaller footprint for possible use at a desktop and was more affordable allowing audiophiles wishing to experience the magic of a Wells Audio product but at a price point that they could afford. With the development of the Milo we believe that we have accomplished just that. It has been described by reviewers and customers alike as up to 95% of the performance of the legendary Headtrip amplifier. It's small footprint and whimsical design have also helped to make it a very popular choice. As with all Wells Audio products the Milo is custom built in the USA from the best parts money can buy allowing us to accommodate special features requested by customers.
- Output Power-18 watts rms into 8 ohms at 1kHz with no more than .015% THD-12 watts rms into 32 ohms @ .006% THD-10 watts @46 ohms @.005% THD
- Frequency Response-+/- 0.25 db from 16Hz to 30kHz
- Signal To Noise Ratio- -94db at full power
- Input Sensitivity-0.72mV RMS
- Gain-30db (12db attenuator available, see below)
- Input Impedance-17k ohms
- Output Impedance-0.1 ohms
- Damping Factor-80, reference 8 ohms nominal
- Power Consumption-42 watts @ idle, 145 watts @ maximum power
- Inputs- 1 pair RCAs, 1 pair XLRs optional (add $200.00)
- Outputs- 1 x 4 pin stereo balanced connector, 1 1/4"stereo plug
- Operating Voltage-120 volt, 230 volt at 50 or 60 Hz
- Shipping Dimensions-16" x 12" x 12"
- Shipping Weight-10 lbs.
- Dimensions-8"w x 7.5"d x 9.75"h
The Milo can also be ordered with a premium Khozmo stepped attenuator for an additional $400.00. For an additional $150.00 a pair of Vishay "Naked Z Foil" series resistors can be added to the Khozmo. After communicating with Khozmo we are able to order the Khozmo stepped attenuators with a new more aggressive logrithmic taper that allows for less gain at the beginning. This has allowed us to offer the Milo without the restraint of an added attenuation circuit when purchasing the Milo with a Khozmo attenuator.
Beginning October 1, 2017 the Milo will be available in a Reference version. Building upon the remarkable performance of the basic Milo the Milo Reference will contain the Khozmo attenuator with Vishay series resistors, new modified very high performance PCBs (images seen below) which will feature cryo treated traces, nearly two dozen Vishay "naked Z foil" resistors in the signal path and a Rike copper foil-polypropylene capacitor in the signal path between the input and output stages. a new Bybee Tech "mini AC purifier" has recently been developed which allows for placement within the tight confines of the Milo allowing for an even lower noise floor than the basic Milo sports. To round out the improvements a Furutech gold IEC will be installed. Price for the Milo Reference is $5000.00. Current owners of Milos, as is our policy, can send their units in for upgrade to the Reference level. Cost of the upgrade is $3300.00 for a basic Milo and $2750.00 for the Khozmo equipped Milo.
Pictured above are the Reference PCBs with Vishay resistors (brown square wafer components with white writing) and a Rike copper foil-polypropylene capacitor between the input and output sections in the circuit.
Call (408) 376-0861 to reserve your Milo today.