Meet HeadTrip Reference
- Phone impedance: 4 to 2000 Ohms
- Power output: 50w/channel at 8 ohms, 25W/channel at 32 Ohms
- 1.8W/channel at 600ohms
- Distortion: <0.006% at 1Khz at .1W to 100W at 4 Ohms
- Frequency Response: +/-0.25db from 10Hz to 50Khz
- Signal to Noise ratio: -103 db at full power
- Input Impedance: 20K Ohms
- Input Sensitivity: 85 mv
- Gain: 30 db
- Voltage: 120v, 230v, at 50/60 Hz
- Inputs: 1 pair WBT Nextgen RCAs or 1 pair XLRs
- Outputs: 1 pair Neutrik combo ¼ inch/XLR outputs
- Upgraded Rike PIO input coupling capacitors
- Khozmo stepped attenuator with gold plated connections
- Furutech gold plated IEC
- Dimensions: 12.25” x 14” x 5" x 16” x 14” x 8” shipped
- Weight: 20 lbs./26 Lbs. shipped
What They're Saying about HeadTrip Reference
The Reference (shown here in prototype, and targeting a $15k price point) really takes the gloves off [cough]. That is, it upgrades the innards still further, leveraging ultra-premium parts across the design, including some ultra-tweak secret-sauce signal/power conditioners from Magnetic Innovations.
[...] Sonically, I think all three headphones are quite refined and a significant step up from your granddad’s headphone amp (that is, an amp from about 3 years ago), but aside from easily driving the living snot out of every flagship headphone on the planet, including representatives from ENIGMAcoustics, Abyss and HiFiMAN, I’m going to have to spend a lot more time exploring to have a definitive judgment. All I can say at this point?
Bwahahahahaha! All your base are belong to us!
Ahem. Sorry. Yes — I meant to say, they are impressive. Most impressive.
Scott Hull, Part Time Audiophile, April 2016
The first time I heard the $7,000 Wells Audio Headtrip was during my headphone shootout a few years ago. It wasn’t until a year later I met the man himself, Jeff Wells, at a SoCal CanJam. The Headtrip sounded even better the second time around, especially with the power-hungry Abyss headphones. This is most likely due to better sources and cabling but man, I’ve never heard the Abyss sound that good. The dynamic power and unmistakable texturing of the music is nothing short of exquisite. To cover a show, I usually spend a few minutes here and there but when there’s a Headtrip in front of me, I’ll be taking my time....more
Call (408) 376-0861 to order your Headtrip today.